Unless otherwise noted, all of the properties we sell on our website are covered by these six basic restrictions:
- No buildings, storage, parking or placements of any kind (including camping) is permitted within 100 feet of any shared roadway or within 30 feet of side and rear property boundaries. These areas shall serve as utility easement areas and are also intended to add to the privacy of the area/property. Fences must not encroach upon road easements which are defined as the area within 50 feet of a shared roadway. These setback distances may be adjusted on certain tracts, subject to written approval of developer.
- No refuse, debris, unused building materials nor derelict vehicles (non-running, unlicensed or both), machinery or equipment in whole or in part shall be stored or allowed to collect on the property unless completely enclosed within a permanent building or garage. All properties and improvements shall be maintained in such a manner that they do not become unsightly, in disrepair, unsanitary or a fire hazard.
- Livestock and pets are permitted so long as they are not allowed to create a nuisance to nearby land owners. Kennels greater than 5 dogs and feedlots are not permitted.
- No parcel may be subdivided if any of the parcels created from the division would be less than 5 acres in size.
- No single wide mobile homes are allowed on the property. Double-wide mobile homes and modular homes are allowed as long as they are no older than five model years when placed on the property and meet the requirements of Covenant #6. No camper, RV, bus, portable building, shed or shack of any kind shall be used as a residence. Camping for more than 45 days in a 12 month period is not permitted. Any items used for camping, including tents, shall be stored out of sight of any shared roadways when not is use. Camping shall be defined as staying on the property without staying in a residential structure on a full concrete foundation, as defined below. As such, no property may be lived upon until the foundation and exteriors walls/roof have been completed.
- Any residential structure built on the property or moved onto the property must have at least 600 square feet of enclosed living space on one level. Said structure must be permanently attached to an adequate, continuous, concrete foundation (concrete slab, stem wall/crawl space or full basement) of at least 600 square feet in size.
Also please note that timber with a stump diameter of greater than 8 inches (when measured at ground level) may not be cut or removed until the property has been paid for in full. Allowances shall not be unreasonably denied for on-site construction or clearing/maintaining roads and/or trails.
These Covenants are permanent and do stay with the property, even after it has been paid for in full (except that you can do what you like with the timber once the property has been paid for in full).
Please note that these property covenants are enforced, with enforcement to include daily fines/fees of up to $50.00 per violation, per day (after notice has been given) and/or cancellation of the contract. The vast majority of our buyers find these covenants to be easy to understand and to abide by. If you do not agree with any part of a property covenant then we will try to recommend another seller who may (or may not) have different covenants on the properties that they sell.
Certain developments also have additional covenants to help protect property values. To see the additional restrictions please click on the links below:
All restrictions and covenants have been designed to be minimally restrictive and to help protect and preserve the value of your property. Properties may be subject to county, city, development and/or state covenants and restrictions. If you have a question about any of this just let us know!